Who is excited for “The Great Gatsby”?
*Eeek and yay for Carey in Prada designed gowns*
But it’s not just Miuccia Prada’s creations. Costume designer Catherine Martin also collaborated with Tiffany & Co. to create the luxurious pieces of jewelry for Daisy Buchanan and Brooks Brothers designed all of Jay Gatsby’s outfits.
Ok, but back to the movie…the novel “The Great Gatsby” is one of the most celebrated pieces of American literature. But it isn’t just about the richly flawed and awesomely rich characters. It is also about the sense of romance and decadence that was celebrated in that era. I found a few current fashionable pieces that were reminiscent of the era, but at more affordable prices.
1. PIM + Larkin drop waist sueded dress, Piperlime, $69
2. Sequin deco cabochon bracelet, Neiman Marcus, $58
3.Sequin three tier drops earrings, Piperlime, $28
4. Nina bridal Samantha Swarovski hair pin, Bon Ton, $75
5. CC Skye Cocktail ring, Club Monaco, $49
6. Chain t-strap wedge sandal, Victoria’s Secret, $98
Splurge: I also think Daisy would totally wear these Jimmy Choo crystal shoes. They are the “Diva” shoes after all and wasn’t she the diva of her day?
Jimmy Choo Diva, Foot Candy, $1,495