*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for more information.*
Marc Jacobs is definitely one of my biggest fashion crushes.
He creates such whimsical pieces for his Marc by Marc Jacobs line and still brings such edginess and youth to Louis Vuitton (really, what would the brand have done without him?) So of course I was intrigued when I learned that he was creating a makeup line available exclusively at Sephora. I just had to try out a few shades of lipstick (or lip gel) and nail glaze (nail polish).
Overall, I thought the pigmentation and wear were pretty good. I tried to get colors that were unique, but still wearable and was pleased with the results. I’ll introduce the nail glazes first because I got a few more pictures of a few colors.
“Gatsby” is a gorgeous rose metallic which in some lights almost looked lilac!
Meanwhile, fluorescent beige is one of the prettiest neutral colors with shades of pink and taupe with a great subtle sparkle.
I tried out “Happy Ending” which is a nice, bright hot pink.
Marc by Marc Jacobs lip gel
– Yep, the formula goes on smoothly and the colors are gorgeous
– Smooth, creamy formula and fabulous saturation
– It isn’t as moisturizing as I thought it would be and I would need to put on more than one coat for it to last (but I did eat shortly after applying it!)
Marc Jacobs Lip gel, Sephora, $30
Marc by Marc Jacobs nail glaze
– Great range of colors and good finish
– Good pigmentation and smooth polish
– Not a 1 coat polish, but it was set in 2 coats and had good lasting power
Marc Jacobs Nail glaze, Sephora, $18
Psst, get ready for a Sephora giveaway next week!!!