*This post may contain affiliate links or products for review. Please see my full disclosure policy for more information.*
Gluten free sugar free baking is my new thing since I want my little one too appreciate baked goods too. So of course I had to try (queue dread). I saw this recipe while I was perusing one of my favorite markets, Trader Joe’s. I have been experimenting a lot with gluten free flour and wanted to ease into it with a gluten free flour mix. The Trader Joe’s gluten free flour is of course well priced and had this recipe on it. I knew that the addition of applesauce would give the muffins great sweetness and moisture. I’ve tried this recipe with Bob’s Red Mill’s mix too and have liked the results too. These are a great, moist muffin with a touch of sweetness (yay for applesauce) and warmth from the cinnamon. This is a fab dessert, snack or even breakfast. I’ll definitely be making it again soon!
Gluten free Sugar free Apple muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill and Trader Joe’s)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce (my homemade version is ALWAYS in the freezer)
- 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup (120 mL)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 muffins
- Muffin tin
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease (butter and flour) the muffin tin you will be using.
- Mix together all dry ingredients – gluten free flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt – in a large bowl.
- Mix the honey with oil until combined. Stir in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract finally adding in applesauce. Put wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients.
- Put batter into muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes until set.