I’m planning a trip to the Maldives (eeeek!) and have been thinking about what to bring. Some of the items I’m looking into are caftans for summer. They offer good coverage, but can easily be thrown in a beach bag. They can be slipped on over my bathing suits and I can readily wear the same outfit while grabbing a bite to eat. Some caftans in more luxe styles and fabrics could also be worn at night as well. I love the versatility of the style since that means less packing!
The full coverage of longer caftans is also great in vacation areas that are a bit more conservative. I like the idea of a caftan that is like a nice, loose maxi dress. Caftans for summer definitely seems like a good idea. My favorite caftans include a mix of sheer, shorter styles with a nice print to longer style in a sleeker, simpler cut.
Caftans for summer
1. Bleu Rod Beattie Crochet Caftan Cover-Up, 6pm.com, $37.99 (from $83)
2. Figue Sunita Caftan, Shopbop, $198 (from $495)
3. Yumi Kim Sunset Key Caftan, Shopbop, $178
4. Vix Sofia by Vix Solid White Open Shoulder Caftan Cover-Up, 6pm.com, $69.99 (from $92)
5. Tigerlily Melite Caftan, Shopbop, $130.90 (from $187)
p.s. We are probably bringing the little one since our family is so far away. How crazy is it that she is going to the Maldives too? Tough life, kid.