American friends, what are you doing for July fourth? I’ll be in Asia, but will make this red, white, and blue water aka July 4th water.
I miss the parties with lots of savory meats on the grill, late night fireworks viewings over the Hudson river, and of course seeing friends and families for al fresco meals on a special summer night. I may not be in NY now, but I especially miss home now as I’m seeing bright red, white and blue images flood my inbox.
I won’t be throwing a party, but wanted to have a festive, easy treat anyway. I saw this fruit infused water on the Honest Blog and was completely smitten. The bright colors of the fruit are so inviting and this is a wonderful, healthy beverage. You can amp it up with a little tonic or carbonated water too for a little fizz. I love the look for a patriotic party, or really just any summer party. Toast to your loved ones and celebrate summer!
Red white and blue fruit water aka July 4th water
- 1 apple cut into 1 inch slices (organic Fujis are a personal favorite!)
- 1 cup of blueberries, organic if possible*
- 1 cup of strawberries, organic if possible*
- 1-2 quarts of filtered water or carbonated water (enough to fill your pitcher of choice)
- Glass or crystal pitcher
- Star shape cookie cutter
* I’m normally fine with consuming fruit from anywhere, but do try to choose organic berries and apples if possible. These fruits, along with grapes, absorb pesticides pretty readily. If you are able to buy organic berries or apples, you’ll worry a little less!
1. Wash all berries and cut the stems off the strawberries and put into pitcher.
2. Peel apple and cut into 1 inch slices.
3. Press the cookie cutter shape on each apple slice to create star shapes. Place star apple shapes into pitcher.
4. Fill pitcher with 1-2 quarts of water. Chill water for at least 30 minutes.
5. Serve water and enjoy!