Egg White facial recipes (taken from here).
Egg white and honey mask:
Honey softens and is a great egg white addition. Mix one egg white with a tablespoon of honey and a drop of essential orange oil. Smooth on your face and let dry for maybe 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Egg and oatmeal (for skin, not breakfast!):
Beat an egg white into foam and mix in about a tablespoon of crushed oatmeal until a thick paste forms. Add a dash of honey and an optional drop of essential oil. Slather on, wait for it to dry, and rinse. Alternatively you can use ground coffee or almonds in place of the oatmeal.
I’ve brought this banana bread to many coworkers and my mom’s friends over the years and it’s always gotten rave reviews. It’s actually super easy to make and almost always comes out beautifully; the trick is that it’s always moist because of the bananas so it’s hard to mess up. I adapted this from a random recipe I saw in a neighborhood mailing so sorry, I don’t remember the source!
- 5 Tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe bananas (I usually use 3 bananas)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or any non-skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray (not applicable for nonstick bakeware). You can also use 3 mini loaf pans or a 9 x 9 square pan and a mini loaf pan.
2. Beat butter in large bowl with an electric mixer set at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add egg, egg whites and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add mashed banana, and beat on high speed 30 seconds.
3 .Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, ending with flour mixture. Add any optional ingredients (e.g. walnuts, chocolate chips) to batter.
4. Pour batter evenly into prepared standard size loaf pan. Bake until browned and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes (adjust time accordingly for other size pans). If you used a square pan and/or mini loaf pans, bake for 45 minutes.
5. Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack. [Alternatively, as soon as the loaf is cool, wrap in plastic wrap and leave on the counter overnight to let the flavors develop.]