Have you gone on a picnic yet this summer? I enjoyed a leisurely break in Yerba Buena park last week and also went to a windy, but fun picnic in Marina Green Park a few months ago. I love feeling the wind on my face and
Picnic Essentials for the perfect picnic
1. Midi Gathre Mat, The Land of Nod, $70
I’ve been obsessed with these mats for the last few months. They are the most beautiful wipeable lather mats in shades ranging from mint green and pale pink to rich reds. I think these would be awesome as both mats and tablecloths. I’m just waiting for a sale and getting a few!
2. Seletti disposable wooden forks – pack of 10, Amara, $6.77
I love wooden forks because they’re pretty and sustainable. They’re perfect for a picnic!
3. Gray quatrefoil paper plates – 8 count, Target, $3.77
There are so many great option for paper plates these days. I love these designs – they’re so bright, fun, and chic!
4. Picnic at Ascot collapsible insulated basket, Shoebury, $46.50 (from $55.2o)
I don’t think picnic baskets are a must, but insulated picnic baskets are pretty awesome. This model keeps food warm or cool and is both fun and functional.
5. Aloha woven fedora, Charming Charlie, $9.99 (from $15)
I just got a few hats from Charming Charlie for me/my daughter. I love the selection and prices. Remember to protect yourself from the sun if you’re out in the sun all day!
6. Paper napkins, H&M, $1.99
Picnics are dirty business. Always bring lots of extra napkins to wipe up flying food and spills!